Thursday, October 17, 2013

AHH it's the little things...




That little neck of hose that connects the water tank to the fill spout was the source of great tribulation. WE were really concerned that we had a leak from below which would have been horrible. When we added water it would leak down the top of the tank and back through to the other hull and into the bilge. Simple repair. We just had to tear apart both forward cabins and spend hours on our heads to track down the source because It's A Boat.

Cleaning and tracing the source of the water
The culprit



Culprit vanquished for today.

Our next activity was to remove 500 lbs of old batteries and purchase and install replacements. The old batteries were in pretty bad shape, which we didn't realize until removing them after turning on the bread maker caused a problem. Freddie has certainly been getting a workout physically and financially. Oh well we know what BOAT stands for: BRING OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!
The water is being turned off at the house today to save us a little while we are gone. And YES we are leaving (I think I am, I think I am, I think I am!)


No comments:

Post a Comment