Sunday, February 9, 2014

Black Point, the return trip.

We pulled anchor and headed to Black Point to be able to go in and connect to internet.  It took all of 30 minutes. Yep we had not noticed that we were just around the corner from Black Point the night before. Oh well we live and learn. The charts are several sizes and difficult for us newbie’s to figure actual distances. We were surprised to see how full the anchorage was. I counted at least 36 boats when we anchored and Freddie was able to count over 50 when he counted that afternoon. We just had a boat come right by to drop anchor as I looked up from typing this.  Several boats left this morning headed south and even more have arrived today. Black Point is hosting a big Super Bowl Party Sunday and many cruisers have been making their reservations. We are trying to determine the course we want to take home. That is my big plans for today after I go back into town to take in our garbage and upload the blog. Yesterday I had to go online to straighten out my credit cards. They thought that there was fraudulent activity since the purchases were from the Bahamas and had put them on hold until we verified the purchases. That wasn't so easy to do without internet and the phone numbers that were on the email did not work from the Bahamas. Oh well they just announced fresh caught lobsters at the dock. Since we haven’t had any luck catching our own I think we will check into buying a couple. We may stick around a couple of days.
Black Point anchorage
Ok I forgot to publish this post a while back. He He He.. I'm so silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment