Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nasty weather but Wonderful People from all over

It’s pretty cold down here. I know that to those of you that have had to endure the arctic blast of winter in the States, temperatures in the low 70’s are warm but for this area it is COLD! I haven’t been swimming in 3 days! Everyone says that is very unusual for it to stay this cool. It’s ok though I have gotten some serious reading and Domino time and I have always slept better under a blanket. Freddie is curled up under a blanket on the couch right now.  We had a women’s luncheon on Thursday and I met over 25 ladies from all over. The lady that sat to my right had just flown in from Australia and another is an aide worker in Mongolia. We had a family from Italy at the table beside us at lunch today after Church. They are spending their vacation here and will be flying out tomorrow. They have been using zero Italian but were able to still communicate. The dad is a fireman and an Ambulance driver in Italy and they have a beautiful 3 year old son named Antonio.  Later after lunch we ran into someone from Carroll County Georgia that is here on vacation. This just blows my mind that one little place can have so-many different people.  Since it was starting to drizzle and cold and windy we left the beach early to head back to the boat. Launching the dingy I promptly fell into the water in my long pants and jacket. Nope , no pictures of that, Ha Ha. But it was a funny site. Thank goodness it was a short, if not wet ride back to the boat. No harm done although I do have some extra laundry to do tomorrow.

Checking out a replica of a local hut in Regatta Park in Georgetown


More local history at the Park

The Rain-The Rain!

Freddie in town exploring

No comments:

Post a Comment